"the soldiers fought not for the fame and recognition, but because it was the right thing to do."
The reason we fought in the war was because we were attacked, Pearl Harbor was destroyed. It took an attack on us for the United States to enter the war. Not to intervene in the Holocaust, not to end brutal regimes, but solely because our pride was taken from us.
I never knew soldiers fight for fame, I always thought(always told!) they fight for our safety and to keep us safe.
"this is the greatest generation any society has produced."
Really, the greatest. Why? Because we fought in a war and actually won. Since then our track record has been shitty to be the most polite I can be. Korean War, Vietnam, Cold War(not a war in the real sense, but we still lost and it's back comrades), Gulf War I, we retreated, Afghanistan and Gulf War II(paying off our enemies not to kill us as much isn't that great of a surge idea.)
I'll give them that, as being great.
They are also considered "the greatest" because they fought in a war and were able to America afloat and running. Yes, there were millions of our people fighting abroad, but at this point we were already a prosperous and successful nation, we surely would have capable to continue our culture, the military is only one facet of the country. The thing about being a great leader is being able to do multiple things at one time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment